Monday 10 August 2015

Final week

 
With only one week of the school holidays left, I'm trying to pack in as much as I can.  Chickens are still alive.  They're now 20 weeks old and should be nearly ready to start laying :-)

 
I tried a new slow cooker recipe for pulled beef.  So easy!
 
Balsamic pulled beef
 
1 small brisket joint
 
1 cup balsamic vinegar
1 cup water (original recipe said beef stock but I didn't have any)
1 tbsp. Worcester sauce
1 tbsp. tamari (soy sauce)
 
Mix wet ingredients and pour over joint.  I did it 1 hour on High then 6 hours on Low.
 
It was melt in the mouth delicious! Next time I'll try less vinegar and add some honey and maybe some chilli.
 
I'm doing loads of painting, sanding and waxing in my kitchen.  I've made a few mistakes in the order that things should have been done but you live and learn.  I've made life harder for myself. Hey ho! I'm going to Glasgow tomorrow to try and find some fabric to jazz up a plain white roller blind.  The Teenager thinks the kitchen is boring as it's all painted white.  He can't imagine it once I've added all the coloured accessories.

 
This console table was very dark.  It's had the first coat of chalk paint.  I'm thinking it might need 2 more coats of paint then waxed.  I am determined to get this kitchen finally finished! 

 
And here's The Teenager all ready for his work experience.  He loved it and is sure that radiology is want he wants to do.  Phew!!

1 comment:

  1. The chickens look good ... as does your Teenager. Handsome lad.

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks