Sunday 17 May 2015

Banana Bread

 
The problem with a lot of GF cakes is that they can be a bit dry.  This banana loaf is so moist thanks to the ground almonds.  I can't get the link to the website to work so apologies for not giving credit to the original post.  If you're not dairy and gluten free just use your normal flour and milk.
 
Gluten Free Banana Bread
 
1 and 1/4 cups ground almonds
1 and 1/4 cups oats
1 and 1/4 cup GF flour (I use Doves Farm)
3 and 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp mixed spice (original recipe said cinnamon but I was out)
3/4 tsp sea salt
 
3 ripe bananas, mashed
 
3 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 egg, beaten
2 tbsp honey
3/4 cup of almond milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
 
Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
Add the bananas then the wet ingredients.
Stir until completely combined.
Bake in a lined loaf tin for 1 hour (or a bit longer depending on your oven) at Gas 5.
 

 
Going into the oven
 
 
And here's what the original recipe photo looked like.  I forgot to photograph mine but it looked the same!  Very delicious and moist.
 
Work on my chicken enclosure is progressing.  Rain stopped play yesterday but we're about halfway there :-)
 
PS. I'm about halfway through Marie Kondo's The Magic of Tidying book.  A lot of things are making sense now!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love getting comments but I will delete any spam and rude personal comments without hesitation. Thanks